In 10 days it will be July. That means we are officially half way through 2019! I’m not sure where the year has gone. Things move so fast. It’s pretty hard to keep up isn’t it? But now is the perfect time to conduct a business health check to see how your business is performing.
As solopreneurs its a real challenge to stay on top of our business. Our time is limited and in demand. When we get a chance to work that is quite literally what we do. We frantically cram as many things into what time we have available. This means we are constantly working IN our business not ON our business. The result of this is that we are often unclear on exactly how our biz is performing.
Are we on target?
Are we set to achieve the goals we set ourselves in January?
Are we growing our tribe?
What marketing is working?
What strategies are falling short?
In my business I use a 90 model to keep myself on track and accountable.
This means I stop every 90 days or quarter and do a full review. I have to force myself because there is always work I should and need to be doing. But I know that I can be more structured, focused and effective if I stop regularly and work out whether I am going to make it to the end of the year with my goals and objectives ticked off.
And that’s what I want to talk to you about today. I want to encourage you to take some time out over the next couple of weeks and work ON your business. I recently filmed an episode of Indie Beauty TV covering this topic which you can watch here or keep reading for a summary.
I want to motivate you to really find out if you are going to make it to the end of the year smashing your goals. So’ I’m going to share the EXACT review framework I use in my biz and that I work through with the Rockstars in my mentor program.
I’m going to show you how to get to grips with what’s really going on and share tips on how to tweak plans to get you back on track if things aren’t quite where they need to be. Are you ready? Here we go!
Are you rocking your brand 90 day review?
What you need:
- A good couple of hours of uninterpreted time. I would recommend that you look to do this over a week. Perhaps a couple of hours a day. That way your brain keeps working unconsciously between sessions and its quite amazing what ideas it can come up with.
- A beautiful notebook. Nothing is more motivational than a stunning jotter. I always get myself a new one every year. I then use it to do all my reviewing and planning for the year. It never leaves my side and I have all my ideas, notes and results all in one place.
- Coffee and cake, tea and biscuits, Prosecco and nibbles. Whatever helps to get your creative juices flowing and your analytical brain ticking. If I’m honest I do a combination of all 3, not at the same time obvs!
- Access to all your social media and website stats and all your financial bumpf (technical term)
Work through the following 10 questions.
- What went well this year/ quarter and why?
- What bombed this year/ quarter and why?
- By how many have you increased your email group?
- By how many have you increased your social media followers?
- What was your most successful blog and why?
- What was your most successful social media post and why?
- How much revenue did you make?
- How much profit did you make?
- What was your best achievement and what can you do to replicate it’s success?
- What was your lowest moment and what have you learnt from it?
Tips to move forward:
So now you have all the raw data the first thing I want to say is don’t panic. If things aren’t on track you still have a whole 6 months to turn it around. A whole 6 months to make a difference and rock your brand. It’s time to make plans and set goals for the next 90 days.
If you need to generate more revenue plan some campaigns and activities to bring in the sales. Book a stall at a farmers market, design a marketing strategy to showcase your hero product, look at how you can increase your basket value are just a few examples that may help you out.
If you need to get yourself in front of more people and increase your audience have a look at the social media posts that have rocked for you and plan to do more of the same.
Stop wasting valuable time on marketing that consistently doesn’t work.
I think you get the idea. Having data about what is actually happening in your business means you can plan and strategise positively for the remainder of the year. So, that’s it you now have the tools to ensure you are going to make it. You can go out and totally rock your brand!!!!
What do you think about my framework to conduct a business health check? If you have any questions or need any further help with this method, Post them below in the comments and I will get straight back to you.
If you have enjoyed this blog I would love you to share and pin it. Social share buttons can be found at the top of the page and the image below will get you the best pinning results.
While you’re here why not check out the other blogs I have written. Here’s one to get you started.
Loads of indie hugs and love, Rachel xxx